Monday, September 5, 2011


I'm really enjoying the creativity that goes into stocking the shelves of The Boutique!

I also get such delight when incorporating vintage pieces into whatever I am making, and many of the items in The Boutique will reflect this.  The rule is... nothing goes on the shelves that I wouldn't love receiving myself!

This vintage 1930's button will soon be adorning one of the hat's in the Fall/Winter Cream in my Coffee Collection.  I happen to think that its beauty lies not only in what we can see,  but also what is hidden as well.  You just don't find buttons like this very frequently anymore. 

As my heart was contemplating this, a verse came to mind...

And let not your adornment be merely external... 
but let it be the hidden person of the heart, 
with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, 
which is precious in the sight of God.
                                            1 Peter 3:3-4

As I wear my own particular hats that I have made for this Fall and Winter season, 
this gentle reminder will bless me each and every time.

with love,

No comments: