Thursday, April 8, 2010

Afghans and Scattered Flowers...


In my last post I had written...

"It has just dawned on me, that in all of my crocheting projects over the years, I have never once made anything for myself!  And so, as a special treat, I purchased some lovely Chunky wool in a delicious Butter Cream shade and have started to crochet a soft and downy afghan to snuggle up with.  It should be done in just a few days - with a few little fun embellishments added! - and when it is, I'll let you see the finished product!"

Well, it is finally done!  It really didn't take much time at all and I am so pleased with the results.  It has a  really nice weight to it and drapes nicely.


I always like the look of a finished border on the afghans that I make and although I like them to be substantial it's also important that they don't take away, but rather add, to the over all look.  I was pleased at the effect that this border has achieved... and it feels so good!


I usually don't like to embellish very much, but I had been thinking of adding a little something extra from the moment that I even started my first chain!  As I continued on and the afghan began to grow in length, I thought of how much I enjoy, in the summer, when flower petals or leaves from the garden happen to be blown onto the quilt that I lay upon while reading on the grass in our backyard.

So, with that in mind, I crocheted a few flowers to scatter across the afghan as a pleasant reminder to me of lovely Summer days.


And that's it!  I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my new snuggly afghan!

No comments: