Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crayon Roll Up


It's my granddaughter's birthday!  I've been wanting to make her a Crayon Roll-Up for ages now and so I thought that this would the perfect time.

This Peachy Pink colour seems to be really in this Spring and a few of the clothing gift items that she will be given has this colour running through them, as well as the five petal flowers that her gramma has been drawing since she was a little girl.

I went Vintage Shopping the other day and found some lovely material that matched her outfits to perfection!  The outer material is so soft and has a lighter pink, five petal flower running through it.


When folded out, the striped cotton material enhances the straight lines of the crayons and the little flower pockets soften the look.  In between each crayon space, I placed the tiniest little five, petal flower bead, making the stitching look like long flower stems.

I'm really delighted with how it turned out.  If I had a little more time, I would also make a carry bag to place the Crayon Roll-Up in, along with her colouring books... sigh... that will have to be another project, for another day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathie,
My daughter once had an apron and along the bottom of it were pockets for big fat crayons. That was a FUN apron.
Thanks for opening your blog again.
Norma Zed (Linda Pee's friend)

Cathie said...

Hi Norma, I'm so glad to be meeting with you again like this... I giggled when you wrote 'Linda PEE', just tickled me! I've seen those big fat crayons you are talking about, and I would never have thought of incorporating them into an artful apron ... this is why blogging is so great, we can share all these wonderful ideas with each other! Looking forward to chatting with you more in the days to come!