Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Keeping it Simple...


Recently, I acquired a few old foot stools that need to be re-covered, however, because I don't have the time right now to upholster them properly, I decided to just slip-cover one of them, for the time being, with some vintage materials that I have on hand.

It only took a few hours to sew together and I was able to incorporate an antique, unfinished doily on the top and embroider a gentle reminder to myself!

I really like the 'rumpled charm' that this little footstool now has, and may choose to keep it this way... plus, it's just the perfect height and softness for a certain little 1 year old someone to rest her weary little self on after a full morning spent on her feet.

While my scissors and thread were out anyway, I decided to go ahead and make a Barley Pillow as well. I had seen one at our local Quilting shop last week and was really taken with it.

 With remnant materials, I made and filled the pillow, then sewed together a sweet little cotton pillow overcase, added some embroidery and ribbon enclosures, and have been heating it up in the microwave for 2 minutes each evening since and draping it around my neck for the most 'Simple of Comforts'.



No comments: